ICLAS Charter and Purpose
- To promote international research on the development, improvement, and use of lidars to increase our understanding of atmospheric processes.
- To provide a forum for scientific exchange by organizing international conferences and workshops.
- To foster cooperation between and coordinate national associations of lidar researchers.
- To promote the organization of international lidar measurement campaigns or networks to study atmospheric species, processes, and trends.
Officers & Membership
The ICLAS is composed of two bodies:
- a Working Group (Chairman and approximately 13 members with 6-year terms)
- Standing committees (with no term limits)
All ICLAS members participate in discussions, but only the Working Group members and Chairman can vote.
Atmospheric Lidar Missions
|CALIPSO (NASA-CNES)||2006 -|
|CATS (NASA) on ISS||2015 -|
|ADM-Aeolus (ESA)||Starting at the end of 2017|
|EarthCARE (ESA-JAXA)||Starting in 2018|